ASPA – Connecting Parents, Supporting School life
You may have danced or dined at a whole school event, stocked up at the Second-hand Uniform Shop, quizzed against other parents, used the car share scheme, or perhaps you’re about to meet up with fellow parents and your year group reps. Either way, as an Abingdon School parent, you’re automatically members of ASPA (at no extra charge).
With your support, we’re pleased to be able to support the parent community and to help towards school life.
Here are 5 things you might not have known…
- Over 3000 parents have come to ASPA organised events over the last five years, and many more before that!
- Over £28,000 has been donated to the Annual Fund (which supports school life) since 2011 which is largely thanks to the number of event supported by parents.
- Each year, a group of boys are recipients of the OA and ASPA Travel Awards, helping towards the cost of overseas experiences, usually involving research or charity work. This year there are six recipients to whom ASPA and the OA team have donated £1,000 each.
- The Second-hand Uniform Shop has raised £17,000 in the last four years, which includes the donation of the Yamaha Grand Piano now living in the foyer of the Amey Theatre.
- Many parents and boys have used the car share scheme, helping to save fuel costs, and the environment!
If you’d like to know more or come along to one of our meetings, please contact the Vice Chair, Anne-Marie Nugent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASPA: THE social network for parents.