The Abingdon Foundation is a vibrant, happy and purposeful place to work, offering career opportunities across a wide range of roles. People comment on us being a welcoming and rewarding place to be and they particularly celebrate the friendly atmosphere.
Alongside this they recognise that we are always looking to improve and develop what we do, so there is innovation alongside tradition, leading to it being a very stimulating and exciting school to be part of.
The Foundation comprises Abingdon School, Abingdon Preparatory School and Abingdon School Enterprises (ASE). ASE is responsible for managing our commercial activities, including our sport and leisure facilities at the Sports Centre, Tilsley Park and Amey Theatre. The Foundation benefits from plenty of green, open spaces interspersed with well maintained and contemporary buildings and facilities. Located on the River Thames, the historic market town of Abingdon itself has a range of shopping and recreational facilities and also has excellent bus and road links to the nearby city of Oxford and surrounding villages.
Ours is a caring and inclusive community in which all our staff are able thrive in their roles and extend their skills and experience, supported by wide-ranging training and professional development opportunities.
have good working relationships with immediate colleagues
are confident to share ideas with their team
would recommend the school as a good place to work
Staff benefits are excellent and include:
- Competitive pension schemes (including TPS for teaching staff)
- Private health care scheme*
- Reduction in school fees*
- Wellbeing support through our Employee Assistance Programme, including access to free counselling, financial and legal advice
- Free lunch during term-time, freshly prepared each day
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Free use of school gym and pool at agreed times
- Discounted fitness classes
- Free on-site parking and secure spaces for bikes
- Discount on children’s holiday camps
- Free flu vaccination
*Eligibility criteria may apply for some staff benefits
Please note: We encourage all interested applicants to familiarise themselves with our child protection and safeguarding policy before making an application.