This week’s mailing is:
To parents of pupils in Lower Sixth – Parents’ Evening Thursday 5 December 2019
To parents of pupils studying Classics apart from current first years – Greece Trip in October 2020
- Wednesday 4 and Friday 6 December 2019 at 7pm – Christmas Concerts. We hope parents of the many boys involved in our Christmas Concerts will have started to think about which of the two concerts they might prefer to attend this year. All our senior ensembles and choirs will be participating and, as old hands will know, we repeat the concert on the Friday with the same programme, ensuring that all parents can have a chance to attend this major school concert of the term. Orchestras include 1st, 2nd and Chamber; bands include Big, Brass and Symphonic Wind, and Choirs – Gospel, Joint Chamber and the complete 1st Year Choir. Please let Michael Stinton know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if any boys wish to forgo the supper which is charged to school accounts. Highlights include the slow movement of Bruch’s Violin Concerto (soloist – Alex Glover) and Sibelius’ Finlandia. Tickets are available from the Box Office.
- Monday 24 February 2020 at 8pm – advance notice of Martin Speake International Jazz Quartet Concert. Please reserve this date for next year. We are delighted to be hosting this international jazz ensemble which features saxophonist Martin Speake playing alongside international stars from USA. The Abingdon connection is through distinguished OA, Tom Richards, who was taught by Martin at the Royal Academy of Music in London. Please support what should be a phenomenal and one-off event. Please see the poster, attached, and consider reserving your tickets which are already available on the Box Office.
Abingdon Box Office
Read the latest School blog
Richard Fisher, Chemistry Teacher and Science Coordinator, considers the positive effect on wellbeing as well as the physical benefits of running.
Feedback on the new school website
News from the Week
- National Schools Squash
- Lower School Joint Dinner Debate
- ASiP Maths Mentoring
- Joint Choral Society Concert
- Squash vs Wellington
- Ashmolean Visit
- Regional Cross-Country Success
- Senior Team Maths Challenge
- Boarders’ Bonfire and Marshmallows Night
- 2G Charity Cake Sale
- Young Enterprise teams prepare for Christmas fair
- Rugby vs Radley College
- ASP Crest Star Award
- Treehouse Art Workshop
- Squash vs Radley College
- Royal Society Student Conference
- The Music Society Robert Max Cello Masterclass
- St Albans Cross-Country
- Oxford City Schools Championships
Food Menu for the coming week – Week 2
Here is the link to previous weekly mailings.