This week’s mailing is:
- To parents of current pupils in Third Year and Fourth Year – IGCSE French Study and Culture Trip to Lyon 2022
From the Headmaster to all parents:
I’ve enjoyed catching up with members of the Fourth Year this week and hearing how they got on with their Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award expedition. The expedition is a great way to develop resourcefulness, teamwork and resilience and those I’ve spoken to seem to have enjoyed the experience too.
Tomorrow we hold our annual Prize Giving ceremony in the Amey Theatre. Unfortunately, due to Covid restrictions, we can only welcome the prize winners themselves, and no other students or parents. I’m looking forward to celebrating the individual successes of the prize winners but it is also an opportunity to celebrate the wider successes of the school community, as so much has been achieved despite the challenges that we have all faced. The ceremony starts at 11am and will be streamed live – do join us.
Best wishes, Mike Windsor
- Thursday 1 July at 7pm – Summer Concert Next week sees the streaming of our Summer Concert including the premiere of the orchestral piece, “The Mountain”, composed by A level musician, Nick Raptakis. We will also mark the retirement of Head of Strings, Mariette Pringle, who leaves us with an great legacy after over 30 years of violin teaching at Abingdon. Please book a free ticket to watch.
Abingdon Box Office:
- Sixth Form Showcase Production – An Ideal Husband – Tuesday 6 July, 8.30pm, online
Highlights from Oscar Wilde’s classic play An Ideal Husband will be coming to your screens on Tuesday 6 July. The Lower Sixth joint cast of St Helen’s and Abingdon School students will be performing a series of extracts following the devious Mrs Cheveley as she tries to ruin the reputation of Robert Chiltern. Meet the characters of Oscar Wilde’s society comedy, will Mabel Chiltern and Lord Goring ever confess their love for one another, will Sir Robert and Lady Chiltern resolve their differences, and whatever will happen to the devious Mrs Cheveley? We will be sharing this showcase of work with you via the SHSK website and hope that many of you will be able to join us.
News from the Week:
- History lecture
- Peer Support Leads
- Classics leavers
- Lower School Gala Concert
- Cricket report
- Boat Club Marlow Regatta
- Radlingdon Tennis
- Bronze DofE
- National Success
- Taking Hollywood by storm!
- ESAA Track and Field Cup
- Smashing the records
- Essay competition shortlist
- DofE canoeing
Food Menu for the coming week – Week 1
Please continue to consult the School Calendar for up to date information.
Here is the link to previous weekly mailings.