This week's mailing is:
- To parents of Lower School boys – German Christmas Event
- To parents of Third Year boys – Battlefields History Trip
- To parents of Fourth Year boys – Munich and Nuremberg History Trip
- To parents of Third Year & Fifth Year boys – French, German and Spanish Plays
- To parents of Fifth Year boys – GCSE Coursework and Controlled Assessment
- To parents of Lower Sixth boys – Parents' Evening
Eminent WW1 historian to give Centenary Lecture
Gary Sheffield, Professor of War Studies at the University of Wolverhampton and a leading expert on the First World War, will give a public lecture in the Amey Theatre at 7.30 pm on Thursday 20 November. All welcome – admission is free.
No stranger to controversy, Professor Sheffield will challenge head on the Blackadder School of history. Without underestimating the scale of the human tragedy, or playing down the disasters, he will argue that far from ‘lions led by donkeys’, the British Army in 1918 was the most effective fighting force in the world. Professor Sheffield frequently broadcasts on TV, radio and writes for the national press. His books include The Chief: Douglas Haig and the British Army (2001) and the First World War in 100 Objects (2013). Further information: [email protected].
Stratton Way drop-off
Parents are asked to avoid dropping their sons off in the entrance to the Abingdon Early Intervention Centre, near the bus stops on Stratton Way in Abingdon, as cars are blocking the entrance and creating traffic difficulties. Your co-operation is requested.
Cafe Saturday Opening Times
The cafe will now be open on Saturday from 1-5pm for visitors of both parents and boys. There will be hot and cold drinks available, and a light food offering.