This week's mailing is:
- To parents of second year boys – Trip to Hampton Court Palace
- To parents of boys studying French – 4th Year French Exchange 2018
- To parents of 3rd & 4th year boys studying German – German Reading workshop Oxford University
Parents of Lower Sixth boys: UCAS2
A reminder that UCAS2 takes place on Thursday 29 June 2017 starting at 5.30pm. This is an occasion when boys and/or parents can meet with tutor, subject representatives and OAs to discuss university plans. Attendance is not compulsory: boys and parents are free to make use of this opportunity as they wish. Boys will receive further details about arrangements during the week beginning 5 June 2017.
Musical Events after half term
Parents are warmly invited to consider attending some of the music events that we are putting on in the second half of this term.
- Wednesday 14 June at 6pm, Charles Maude Room – Junior Instrumental Solo Competition. Parents are welcome to hear some of our younger players compete in solo performance. The stipulation for entry is that the boys should not yet have taken their grade 5, so this will be a good opportunity to see some of our fledgling musicians of the future. Our adjudicator will be Debbie Rose, Director of Music at Abingdon Prep School
- Wednesday 21 June at 6pm, Amey Theatre – Lower School Gala Concert. This concert involves all the boys in our Lower School, who will be performing in a massed choir. The evening will also involve several Lower School ensembles, Junior Strings, Lower School Band and others, together with some solo performances. There is free entry to this concert, which will end at about 7.15pm.
- Friday 30 June at 7pm, Amey Theatre – A Summer Evening of Light Music. Our final fling of the year, this will feature all our leading ensembles – bands, orchestras and choirs – in an evening of toe-tapping light music (think ABBA, Burt Bacharach, Star Wars and much else). There is a small entry charge for this concert, so please order your tickets in advance. This link will take you to the relevant order page on the website.
Henley Royal Regatta – Friday 30 June 2017
Parents are invited to join the OA Club for strawberries and Pimm's at the Friends of Abingdon School Boat Club tent in Henley Cricket Club car park during the afternoon tea break (usually between 4.00 pm and 5.00 pm). No RSVP required.
Coach Park in the morning
Just a reminder: please can parents NOT use the Coach Park for drop off in the mornings. We have a 25 coaches dropping off between 8.15 and 8.35 so it becomes very unsafe if there are also cars using the same space. Many thanks.
Rowing Summer Camp 2017, 22-25 August 2017
During the summer holidays we run specialist coaching courses, which includes our Rowing Summer Camp. Boys moving up to the 3rd Year or joining Abingdon in September 2017 are invited to join us at the Boat Club. Learn to row, be part of a team, have fun and experience one of Abingdon’s most successful sports. Details can be found on this poster. Further information and booking details can be found on our website.
NT Live: Peter Pan – Saturday 10 June at 2pm, Amey Theatre
'Spellbindingly imaginative. A dazzling production.' Radio Times. All children, except one, grow up. Captured live at the National Theatre, a recorded performance of JM Barrie's much-loved tale screens in cinemas this summer. When Peter Pan, leader of the Lost Boys, loses his shadow, headstrong Wendy helps him to reattach it. In return, she is invited to Neverland, where Tinker Bell the fairy, Tiger Lily and the vengeful Captain Hook await. A riot of magic, music and make-believe ensues. A delight for children and adults alike, Sally Cookson (NT Live: Jane Eyre) directs this wondrously inventive production, a co-production with Bristol Old Vic theatre.