This week's mailing is:
- To parents of boys in Middle School & Lower Sixth – 2020 Ski Trip to Sestriere
- To parents of Third Year boys – Parents' Evening
- To parents of Fifth Year boys – Preference for Sixth Form Subjects
- To parents of boys in Middle and Upper School – Confirmation Letter
- To parents of boys in First Year to Upper Sixth – SHSK Government Inspector Drama Rehearsal Schedule
- To all parents – Teenage Wellbeing presentation – Reminder
JCQ and CIE Exam Notices
Mock Exam Results
5th year mock exam results were posted to the parent portal today and an email regarding them was sent to all 5th year parents at the same time. If you are having trouble accessing the portal please contact [email protected].
- New Year Japan Tour Benefit Concert. Thank you to all those parents who supported our fund-raising efforts on Thursday evening. With the silent auction of promises, together with the revenue from ticket sales, we raised a total of £4,500, with the results of a couple of extended high value lots coming in at half term.
- Solo Concert Platform on Wednesday 30 January at 6pm. Do come and join us to hear some of our solo musicians, including the last movement of Elgar's Cello Concerto with new music scholar Oliver Simpson. This is an event not to be missed and admission is free.
- Menine Brass Quartet Concert on Wednesday 13 February at 7pm. This event has been organised for all our brass players at Abingdon – and we hope you will support us by bringing your sons and friends and family to hear the concert. The quartet consists of a group of gifted young brass players, newly graduated from Music College. Their leader, William Padfield, was a pupil of the Headmaster at Reading Blue Coat School and the quartet are at the top of their game as players and as an ensemble. We are delighted they will be joining us for an afternoon workshop and masterclass with the boys and a concert in the evening to which parents, friends and family are very welcome. It should be a great evening, starting at 7pm and ending before 8.30pm. Please support us and order your tickets using this link.
- Gloucester Cathedral Evensong with Chapel Choir on Thursday 14 February, 5.30pm. Chapel Choir parents will have noted, no doubt, the next Chapel Choir event. Do join us if you can at this inspiring place. Evensong starts at 5.30pm.
Michaelmas term's fourth year History and Politics Society magazine
Please click thisf link if you are interested in reading the articles for Michaelmas term's fourth year History and Politics Society magazine.
Post-Truth on Trial: Deborah Lipstadt vs. David Irving
Please click on the link below to book your free ticket to an exciting talk organised by the History Society on Tuesday 26 February from 7pm to 8.30pm in the Amey Theatre. Richard Rampton QC will be talking about his experience defending Deborah Lipstadt against Holocaust denier David Irving. The case was made famous by the recent film Denial.
Parking and driving on roads close to School
Parents are asked to consider local residents when parking outside the homes of our neighbours, and when driving round the narrow roads close to School. Please adhere to the speed limit of 20mph along Park Road and Park Crescent, which are private roads.