Message from the Headmaster
I enjoyed meeting parents at the social events organised by ASPA (Abingdon School Parents’ Association) this week. I’m grateful to the committee members for organising these opportunities for parents to come into school and catch up with one another.
Of course these chances to get together have been limited over the past couple of years by the pandemic. Although we are enjoying the return to greater normality now, I am sure you are aware that we are seeing another rise in cases on a local and national level. In response to this, we will be reminding students of the need for good hygiene around school but I’d also be grateful if you could ensure that they don’t come into school if they are feeling unwell or displaying any symptoms of Covid-19.
We are trying out a new design for weekly mailing which we hope will make it easier for you to find relevant information about your child and their year group. I hope you like it and do let me know if you have any comments or thoughts: [email protected].
Best wishes, Mike Windsor
- Summer term Chemistry competition for Lower and Middle School students
- Third and Fourth year Drama production
- The Graduate Job Market, Wednesday 23 March, 6.30-7.30pm, St Helen & St Katherine (YPH)
- Music: Wednesday 23 March at 6pm in the CMR – Intermediate Solo Competition. Next week’s solo competition involves a wide range of solo instrumentalists who have not yet taken their grade 8. Please see the line-up in the attached programme. Our adjudicator for this competition is John Mann, Head of Instrumental Studies at MCS. Everyone is welcome to support the pupils – admission is free and we should be finished by about 7.20pm. See other upcoming music events.
- Box Office: In Conversation with Kim Darroch – Tonight at 7pm. Please note that this event is now sold out. Please do not attend if you don’t have a ticket as there will be no tickets available on the door. Please fill in this form if you would like to be put on the waiting list and we will be in touch with you if/when tickets become available. See other upcoming Box Office events.
- OX14 Learning Partnership Upcoming Events
- News from the week
- Food menu for the coming week- Week 2
- School calendar
- Weekly mailing archive