Published 12 March 2021
We are pleased to announce the return of Abingdon Swim School, with swimming lessons now planned to resume from Saturday 24 April 2021. For full details or to sign up, please click here.
As we are sure you can understand, we will be starting lessons off with some procedural and operational changes. These changes consist of:
- Lessons will only start for stage 4+ and for children aged 8 years and above. The reason for this is because Abingdon School would like to limit the amount of people on site, and in accordance to our Sports Centre procedures that state ‘children 8 years+ can be in the building without a parent’. Lower stages and ages will be introduced at a later date.
- We will only be running Saturday lessons to begin with and these lessons will take place between 1030 -1230. Therefore, children who previously had lessons on a Sunday will be offered lessons on a Saturday instead.
- Lessons will continue to be 30-minutes long, but there will be a period of 15-minutes between lessons to allow for cleaning and preparing for the next lesson.
- There will be changes to the process of how children should enter and leave the site. For instance, a one-way system through the building and instructions on how to access the poolside. These changes will be outlined to all parents.
- Please be aware, parents are not allowed on campus at this time, and must stay in the car park. We will have designated drop off and pick up areas clearly sign-posted in the car park.
We will also be running swimming intensive sessions during the summer months, available for all ages and abilities. If you would like to register your interest, please contact Ben Sanders, our Swim School Coordinator: email@example.com.