Let your child’s confidence grow
Abingdon Swim School is an Amateur Swimming Association (ASA) registered Swimming School. We teach all four competitive strokes, within the framework of the National Plan for Teaching of Swimming (NPTS). Assessments are carried out in the final few weeks of term.
Abingdon Swim School aims to provide quality swimming lessons in a fun and safe environment, delivered by enthusiastic and passionate swim teachers.
Swim School breakdown
- Saturday and Sunday morning lessons
- ASA qualified teachers
- Swim England registered Swim School
- We follow the Swim England learn to swim pathway
- Lessons are available for children aged 4 years and over
- Lessons are 30 minutes long
- Only £9.25 per lesson
- We offer a 10% discount for the third sibling
- Badges and certificates are available for purchase upon successful completion at the end of each term
- Children enrolled in Abingdon Swim School get free access to public swimming sessions (under 8’s must be accompanied by an adult)
Smaller classes, better results
Our swimming lessons focus on teaching skill development for beginners and improvers through to competent swimmers. Our class sizes are small with no more than 6 children in each class so that focus is always on each individual child’s development.
Dates Available: Rescheduled due to the new national lockdown restrictions
Important information for our swim school parents:
Please be aware that our swimming lessons have been temporarily cancelled, due to the new national lockdown restrictions that have been enforced by the government. As a result, lessons will be rescheduled as soon as restrictions have eased.
As soon as we are permitted to restart our swim school programme, we will contact all parents to rearrange lessons.
As we are sure you can understand we will be starting lessons off with some procedural and operational changes. These changes consist of:
- Lessons will only start for stage 4+ and for children age 8 years and above. The reason for this is because Abingdon School would like to limit the amount of people on site, and in accordance to our Sports Centre procedures that state ‘children 8 years + can be in the building without a parent’. Lower stages and ages will be introduced at a later date.
- We are looking to only run lessons on Saturdays to begin with and these lessons will be between 1030 -1300. Therefore, children who previously had lessons on Sundays will be offered lessons on Saturday.
- New term dates will be released once we are permitted to reopen our facilities.
- Lessons will continue to be 30-minutes long, but there will be a period of 15-minutes between lessons to allow for cleaning and preparing for the next lesson.
- There will be changes to the process of how children should enter and leave the site. For instance, a one-way system through the building and instructions on how to access the poolside. These changes will be outlined to all parents.
- Please be aware, parents are not allowed on campus, and MUST stay in the car park. We will have designated drop off and pick up areas clearly sign-posted in the car park.
Please contact our Swim School Coordinator if you have any queries: Email: email@example.com.
Covid-19 Safety Precautions Video
Private Swimming Lessons
Private Swimming Lessons are available at various times throughout the week. We have an expert team of teachers who can cater for all ages and abilities.
1:1 lesson – 30 minutes: £26
1:2 lesson – 30 minutes: £39
To find more information, please contact us:
Tel: 01235 849 062