Covid-19 Secure Measures at the Amey Theatre
Updated 29 November 2021
The Amey Theatre and Abingdon Sports and Leisure are delighted to be welcoming audiences back into our theatre.
Please be assured that the safety of our audiences is of the utmost importance to us. We are following the safety and hygiene measures set out by the government and industry bodies in their guidance for performing arts and events.
We are accredited with We’re Good To Go and the See it Safely schemes which set out guidance for venues to follow whilst open during the pandemic.
With the move to Stage 4 of the Roadmap out of lockdown, we are continuing to retain a series of precautionary measures and procedures so as to keep our audiences, performers, production crews and staff safe. All performances at the Amey Theatre are now being sold to full capacity seating, in line with government and UK Theatre guidance.
As of Monday 29 November, we ask all those visiting the Theatre (aged 12+) to wear a face covering (see below for more information). Please note, that for Abingdon School events, there may be additional measures in place which willbe communicated to you prior to the event.
We recognise that some audience members may still feel uncomfortable attending a performance which is at full capacity. Where possible, we will work to have areas of socially distanced seating, but please note this will not always be possible.
We will still be maintaining our own Track and Trace system and we strongly encourage you to download the official NHS Covid-19 App in advance of your visit and scan the QR code on entry.
Abingdon Sports and Leisure will be reviewing these measures regularly and they are liable to change following updates to guidance. Please check back regularly for any updates. If you have any questions before your visit, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01235 849063 or email@example.com
Please see below a list of measure we have implemented:
- Regular sanitisation of auditorium and front of house spaces
- Enhanced cleaning; including high intensity touch points such as door handles and handrails
- Multiple hand sanitiser stations around the foyer and auditorium
- Our ventilation system draws in fresh air form outside, rather than recycled air
- We ask everyone aged 12+ to wear a face covering during their time with us, including whilst watching the performance (this may be removed temporarily whilst consuming refreshments). If you are medically exempt and unable to wear a face covering, please notify one of the team on arrival. Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
- We will be continuing with an online box office only, please purchase your tickets before the event from www.ameytheatre.co.uk
- Contactless ticketing and payment
- Staggered arrival times for busier events
- All staff and visiting companies are encouraged to take regular lateral flow tests to ensure no one working on the premises has tested positive for Covid-19 and our Front of House staff will continue to wear face masks as part of our risk mitigation procedures