Skills and Games
- Where: M102 and M103
- When: Wednesday 2.30 - 4.00pm
- Who: All year groups
- i/c: KL
The game of Bridge is one of the world’s most popular card games. This trick-taking game is played by four people in two competing partnerships. Bridge is an excellent way to stretch your brain, sharpen your maths skills and make new friends. Beginners are welcome and will be taught the basics of contract bridge. Experienced players will be able to enjoy opportunities to play with other players of a similar level.
- Where: M110 and M113
- When: Tuesday, Thursday 4.00–5.00pm, Wednesday 2.30–5.00pm, Monday, Friday 1.15pm–1.55pm
- Who: All welcome
- i/c: AJPE
Come along, practise and improve. Pupils of all standards attend, from novice to England squad player. We will be happy to teach you to play from scratch and help you to develop your game. We enter county and national tournaments, and we run knockout tournaments for individuals and for House teams. Grandmaster Peter Wells coaches on Wednesday afternoons.
- Where: School House Kitchen
- When: Wednesday P7, Michaelmas and Lent Terms
- Who: Sixth Form
- i/c: CAM
Learn to cook essential and economical student meals. Try your hand at making dishes like spicy risotto, spinach and feta frittata and chocolate pudding - not forgetting spaghetti bolognese. Learn the basics of menu planning and budgeting to make a tight student budget stretch. No prior knowledge or skill necessary.
View the Cooking for Students video.
- Where: Whitefield and Lacies Court
- When: Summer Term:
- Lower School: Wednesday 2.30-4pm max 8,
- Middle and Upper School: Monday 4-5pm max 20, Wednesday 4-5pm max 20,
- Upper School: Wednesday 2:30-4pm by arrangement with SCVM only and Friday 12-1pm, max 16
- Who: All, in various sessions
- i/c: SCVM
Following its re-introduction the Club has gone from strength to strength. Boys from throughout the school tackle the application of the tactics of chess and the physics of snooker. Senior boys organise the external fixtures combining the social and competitive elements of the game.