3 July 2018
This evening's Be the Best You Can Be Celebration saw Lower School boys and their parents welcome back Toby Garbett, Olympian and two times World Champion rower, as guest speaker. He reminded the boys of the message he had given them at the launch event in September about how they had a choice as to whether they were going to get better or get worse every single day.
Each of the second year tutor groups then gave a presentation with 2C showing a film they had made about their values, 2M talking about their recent charity night walk which had raised £2,500, and 2P performing as a tutor group orchestra.
The end of year prizes were then awarded as follows:
- Academic Prizes: Sam Houldsworth-Bianek (2C), Tom Walters (2M), Fran Trotter (2P), Toby Pinnington (1J), Philip Kimber (1L), and Harrison Blumfield (1W)
- Baker Award: Felix Kind, Thomas Harding and Thomas Wilson
- Broadbent Cup for Sporting Excellence: Timothy Fowler
- Lower School Fencing Trophy: Benjamin MacLennan
- Cooper Cup for Excellence in Reading: Ben Simons
- Dillon Cup for Service: Max Struthers
- Woodgett Cup: Archie Wood
The event concluded with a slideshow of photographs from the second years' time in Lower School and, for some, watching England win their World Cup penalty shoot out against Columbia huddled round a mobile phone screen in the Jekyll Garden!