ASPA – Connecting Parents, Supporting School life
You may have danced or dined at a whole school event, stocked up at the Second-hand Uniform Shop, quizzed against other parents, used the car share scheme, or perhaps you’re about to meet up with fellow parents and your year group reps. Either way, as an Abingdon School parent, you’re automatically members of ASPA (at no extra charge).
With your support, we’re pleased to be able to support the parent community and to help towards school life.
Here are five things you might not have known…
- Thousands of parents have come to ASPA organised events over the years and interest in the new and different events being run continues to grow!
- Over £100K has been donated to the Annual Fund (which supports school life) since 2011 which is largely thanks to the number of events supported by parents.
- Each year, a group of boys are recipients of the OA and ASPA Travel Awards, helping towards the cost of overseas experiences, usually involving research or charity work.
- The Second-hand Uniform Shop has raised tens of thousands of pounds in recent years and includes the donation of the Yamaha Grand Piano now living in the foyer of the Amey Theatre, as well as the Merlyn Bowling Machine used by cricket players.
- Many parents and boys have used the car share scheme, helping to save fuel costs, and the environment!
If you’d like to know more or come along to one of our meetings, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASPA: THE social network for parents.