At our Open Day on Saturday 3 October 2020 we are running a forum for those interested in joining us for the Sixth Form.
The Head of Sixth Form, Nick O’Doherty, will give a presentation at 10.30am and Nick and his team will be available to answer your questions. The forum will take place in the new Sixth Form Centre which opened last year. All of our academic departments will also be very happy to discuss their A level provision.
There’s no need to book but if you would like to know more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form to express your interest and we’ll get back to you. We very much look forward to meeting you.
The Sixth Form Centre
Placed at the heart of the school, the Sixth Form Centre occupies the ground floor of Beech Court with open plan learning spaces, relaxed seating, social and private study areas, a collaborative working area, meeting room, outside seating and an “innovation room” to encourage ‘free-thinking’. The space is dynamic and can be adapted to students’ needs.
The careers office, UCAS facilities and sixth form staff are based in Beech Court and the building’s design and layout provides easy access to these and the library. The Centre is also in close proximity to the café, sports centre, science block and art and drama facilities.
The Centre is designed to mark the transition from Middle School to Sixth Form where students have more independence, take on further responsibility for their own learning and enjoy a relationship with the school and staff that more closely resembles university education.
- View the sixth form prospectus online or download the PDF version
- Meet the specialist team of sixth form advisors
- Visit the Sixth Form Admissions page
- For an overview of sixth form life, see the Sixth Form page
- For the vast number of extra-curricular activities on offer, see the Other Half
- For life beyond Abingdon, see Academic Results, University Destinations, Career Guidance and the Old Abingdonian Club