This week's mailing is:
- To all parents of Scholars - Scholars' Events
- To parents of boys in the CCF - Ski Trip to Switzerland
- To parents of all third year boys - Third year Parents' Social Evening
- To parents of third year boys and boys studying GCSE Art and Design - The Big Sculpt
- To parents of fourth and fifth year boys studying French - French Exchange
- To parents of fifth and sixth years boys studying History - Trip to Irsael and Jordan - Letter and Information
- To parents of Lower Sixth Geographers - Field Trip Letter and Consent Form
- To parents of Upper Sixth Geographers - Field Trip Letter and Consent Form
We aim to send an e-mail each Friday at 5.00 pm which provides a link to that day's Weekly Mailing. All editions of Weekly Mailing may be found on the website, under the News tab. The search facility at the top right of every page can be useful to find archived items. We would encourage those who missed the link to view last Friday's Weekly Mailing.
Open Day: Saturday 29 September
Open Day runs from 9.30 until 12.30. All boys, EXCEPT first years who are not involved in an activity such as an orchestra or band, are expected to attend and should arrive at School no later than 8.55 am to register before beginning their Open Day activities. Request for absence on this day should, as usual, be made to the housemaster, as for a single weekday absence.
For boys who use the joint bus service, all the morning routes will be operating the weekday schedule running 30 minutes later than usual. For the return journey, the weekday 5.20 pm service will depart on all usual routes from the coach park at 1.00 pm.
Copies of the new 'Abingdon News' will be given to boys to take home next week. There is one copy per family. Boys who are full boarders will have copies posted home.
Dropping off and collection of pupils by car
Parents are reminded not to drop off or collect boys from the Bursary area, or Lower Field Car Park, please. This is because the area is already busy with pedestrians, pupils and school traffic. We therefore ask that parents drop and collect boys in Park Crescent, operating a one-way system travelling clockwise past the private housing on the west of Albert Park, and ending up near the boarding houses. The Crescent ends at a cross roads, where halting is obligatory on these private roads.
Wheel clamping operates on Park Road and Park Crescent, so you are advised not to leave a car unattended.
Over the summer parents should have received an invitation to the Head's Receptions, which are listed in the calendar. Those still to come are: Monday 10 September at 6pm for 2nd and 4th Year parents; Monday 17 September at 6pm for 5th and Upper Sixth Year parents. Drinks and canapes will be served in the Sports Centre Hospitality Suite.
If you have yet to reply and wish to come please e-mail email@example.com
Please see the attached document for details of the tutor groups in each house.